The Get Outdoors Nevada program was created by the Southern Nevada Agency Partnership and is funded through the Southern Nevada Public Land Management Act. This program works to engage the public in improving the stewardship of public lands and increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of volunteer activities and other projects requiring the support of many hands in the community.
The objectives of the Get Outdoors Nevada program are to:
- Develop and administer a central clearinghouse and single point of contact for public lands volunteers.
- Develop a joint volunteer recruitment process with a single database, website and application forms.
- Develop joint volunteer training programs.
- Connect volunteers and volunteer groups with specific land management projects such as litter clean-up, research, restoration, outdoor education, invasive weed removal, trail maintenance, native plant propagation, site stewardship, etc.
- Train interagency volunteer project leaders.
- Develop coordinated volunteer recognition programs.
Visit the Get Outdoors Nevada website